I had a similar rpoblem and what I found as a solution might help:
I have spent most of the day dealing with this issue and have solved it. I did a BACKUP OF MY CONFIGURATION, unistalled, cleaned my registry of left over Vuze references, also deleted the leftover Vuve folder on the Programs folder (had to close Firefox because it was using the files), reinstalled and tried the template at https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetempla...s-download
for kickass.to. It worked, but I wanted my old config back, but was concerned about starting the whole mess again by restoring. Tried it anyway after backing up and, oddly enough, one of the two Kickass search templates started working, one was still reporting as non-functional. Went into the template edit, copied the info from the working template into the nonfunctional template, and they BOTH started working. Did a little more investigation and created a new template with the latest Kickass address and it WORKED! I think it was a combination of a corrupted Vuze that finally gave in and the template died when KAT migrated. Not sure, but my vuze is working perfectly!
If the Vuze site would allow me to up load the created KAT cr.vuze program I would include it, but it does not. People may not have to go through a clean install of Vuze. For all I know, just adding this template may solve the problem, and then get rid of the old search templates through the create custom template option under add/edit button on a search.
Here is the screen shot of the custom template: