Sometimes when I'm downloading I'm not getting anywhere, then I go hunting in the settings and it's set the Max Global Download speed to 2kb! What's going on and why does it do this? It happens repeatedly so I know it wasn't just a freak accident. Today I sat here for a few hours and the download rate would not exceed a few kb. I couldn't understand it so I read the settings carefully and sure enough, 2kb again.
Download speed autoset to 2kb?
07-18-2014, 12:22 PM
You can quickly see if there is an upload/download limit in force by looking at the bottom right of Vuze (the status bar area) - limits are displayed in square brackets, to the right up of the down arrow (for download speed limit) and up arrow (for upload speed limit) - this is then followed by the actual data rate. e.g.
[10 K] 5.3 Kb/sec
so you don't need to hunt through the settings to see them. You can also right-click on these values to change limits.
There are a few things in Vuze that can automatically change speed limits:
1) enabling 'auto speed' - an * is shown in the upload speed area of the status bar if this is enabled. This automatically varies the *upload* speed, don't think it can change download speed though
2) the 'speed limit scheduler' - http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Speed_Limit_Scheduler - you would need to configure this though. It does provide a way to see all of the current speed limits in force though (via the View Current... menu item)
3) a plugin you have installed, such as the speed schedule plugin
07-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Quote:There are a few things in Vuze that can automatically change speed limits:1) Auto speed is turned off
2) I'll check this if it happens again but I doubt I'll find anything
3) I don't have any plugins installed at the moment.
So it's still a mystery.
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|per torrent speed setting upload?||jriker1||3||176||
12-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Flinxxx
|what da best setting in vuze options-transfer to download torrents fast cant download||grifter799||0||187||
11-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: grifter799
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)